INFORMATION ABOUT ROLFING®
Press Coverage of Rolfing®
There are press coverage articles on the Rolf Institute website go to the link 'Press Room'. Here are some of them:
- Rolfing on Oprah!
- Vogue Magazine, March 2007: “Back In Style” by Heidi Julavits.
"Like yoga, Rolfing is one of those practices that your body instantly tells you makes a lot of sense."
Online Libraries with Rolfing® articles
- A great resource to satisfy your curiosity about bodywork including Structural Integration.
- Another great resource which catalogues all the articles written for the Rolf Journal of Structural Integration. You will need to create a password and join, but it’s easy.
Additional Rolfing® articles
- There are articles on Rolfing Structural Integration at The Rolf Institute website, go to the link: Press Room.
- Here is a website with some important articles on Structural Integration. One of my favorite articles is: The Functional Approach: Basic Concepts in the work of Hubert Godard.
- Review of the relationship between Rolfing and Acupuncture by me.
Go to www.rolf.org. There is a link for 'Research'.
You can use Google and Amazon to find these books.
- The New Rules of Posture by Mary Bond, Certified Advanced Rolfer.
This is the “user’s guide to the body,” offering down-to-earth descriptions of good body usage for daily tasks such as driving, typing, and reaching up to change a lightbulb (also see www.thenewrulesofposture.com).
- Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young Again with Undulation by Anita Boser, Hellerwork Practitioner.
Simple movements that you can do daily to maintain or recapture youthfulness, fluidity, and comfort in your body (also see www.undulationexercise.com).
- The Core Program: Fifteen Minutes a Day That Can Change Your Lifeby Peggy Brill, Gerald Secor Couzens.
A program you can do to maintain myofascial strength and balance for the rest of your life. Written for women but works for men as well.
- The Multifidus Back Pain Solution: Simple Exercises That Target the Muscles That Count by Jim Johnson, Scott D. Boden.
Short book based on hard science. Easy exercise, only 2 minutes a day, 3 times a week. Helps keep vertebral disks healthy.
- Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue.
Another solid resource for exercises that change alignment. Also by this author, Pain Free for Women is updated with better photos (also see www.egoscue.com).
- Rolfing: Reestablishing the Natural Alignment and Structural Integration of the Human Body for Vitality and Well-Being by Ida P. Rolf, Ron Thompson.
If you want to learn about Rolfing from the master, this is the source.
- Yoga for Scoliosis (Booklet or Video) by Elise Browning Miller.
Presents poses for scoliosis, information on scoliosis, describes benefits of yoga for scoliosis, and how to adapt each pose for your specific pattern (also see www.yogaforscoliosis.com).
- Remembering Ida Rolf by Rosemary Feitis and R. Louis Shultz.
Quotations and short expressions on Rolfing.
- The Endless Web by R. Louis Shultz, M.D.
Excellent source material on Rolfing
- Structural Integration Exercise by Marcelo Coutinho, Certified Advanced Rolfer
Made to be learned along with Rolfing.
- Gil Hedley Integral Anatomy
Anatomy dissection DVD’s and classes.
In my opinion, Gil is the best at what he does.
- Lauren Hanna: www.sonicyoga.com
- Katonah Yoga: www.katonahyogacenter.com
- Genevieve Boulanger: email@example.com
- Emiliya Zhivotovskaya: Newsletter
- Michelle Cottle: www.bodygenius.net
- Whitney Tucker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Maria Alberci: email@example.com
- Mary Beth Holland: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shiwa Noh: email@example.com
- Genevieve Boulanger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cranio Sacral Therapy
- Bill Harvey: email@example.com
- Grahame Bass: http://www.iahp.com/Graham--Bass/
- Sue HItzman: www.bodylanguagenyc.com
- Leia Taylor: www.leiataylor.com
- Wylie Goodman Psy D.: www.wyliegoodman.com
- Grahame Bass RN, MA, CS: http://www.iahp.com/Graham--Bass/
- Ron Arden Life Navagator: www.ronarden.blogspot.com
- Emilya Zhivotovskaya: Newsletter
- Christien Goulding: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Levent Bolukbasi: www.imschool.com/a>
- Sarah Rubin: 914.232.2999
- Belinda Mello: http://alextechmotion.com/wp/about/belinda-mello
- Carla Diamond: 914.649.9565
- Edward Gorecki D.C.: http://vcanyc.chiroweb.com
- Alyssa Diamond D.C.: www.DrDiamondChiro.com
- Lisa Pete D.C.: 212.995.5525
- Mark Frey D.C.: email@example.com